Thursday, July 24, 2008

Why Leshawna Is My Favourite (TDI Drama Part 2)

In my previous post on Total Drama Island, I talked about a few points that certain people were concerned about with the show.

One of them being Leshawna, and why she's so ghetto.

Well, listen up. She's my favourite. Why? Because she's different. No one complains about how Gwen is goth (and if you sifted through all the posts in the thread I posted, someone even says they don't have a problem with her because of that) or how Sadie and Katie are too attached. It's always

"God, I hate the way they made Leshawna so ghetto." Oh, I'm sorry. Does it bother you that there are actually girls like that out there? I understand that they could have made here any other way: Thin waist, quiet, timid, and submissive. But there are already characters in the show with those qualities, and quite frankly I don't think her character could have been any better. As far as I know not ONCE did she fall for anyone in the show. She was real the whole way. It was as if all the other girls except Eva, another strong character in the show, who was booted way too early and Gwen, "the individual" were made for the sole purpose of either:

  1. Being a ditz
  2. Falling in love
  3. Being a manipulator
  4. Getting betrayed
And the last time I checked, the only item on this list that applied to any of these three girls was falling in love. And that's not something too stereotypical for a goth (correct me if I'm wrong).

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com