Saturday, May 3, 2008

Look before you leap.

So today I got in a serious three-hour Guitar Hero III session and my mind was trying to not explode in the midst of all the fast-paced high-octane mini-mines that were the screen frets. Then again, I was trying Hard for the first time.

My brother can be a bit of a touchy kid and possibly accidentally touched my uncle's crotch area.

My uncle also happens to be quite a complainer, so he told my grandmother to get him to stop.

My grandmother happens to be quite the yeller, so she consequentially and aggressively said "What is WRONG with you? Do you think he is a faggot?"

Ugh.
Ugh, ugh, ugh. Nothing in my life (in terms of put downs and other -ist terms) has ever bothered as much as that did. And I don't know why. I know that my grandma has a tendency to be a bit...how should I put it...discriminatory. And it comes off as offensive, but honestly she doesn't know better. But this just struck something that I never knew could be hit.

This reminds me of something else. My uncle, the complainer. He's probably the most homophobic and stereotypical of all in the family and it makes me mad. Of all the things in the world he is trying to do, it's teaching my brother to be "manly".

I want my uncle out of my house.

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com